June 2015: Family Works Northern provides strength-based practice child and family services, programmes and community
development initiatives in 11 community based centres and numerous schools in the Upper North Island.Our Tauranga site has an exciting full time opportunity for a successful Social Worker to work within two Tauranga based schools providing early intervention and preventative social work services to children and their families using a strengths-based, multi-systemic approach.To be successful in this role, you will be:
- A qualified and experienced Social Worker
- Able to work across many cultures
- Committed to working with Tangata Whenua
- Experienced in working alongside children and their families
- Familiar with the school environment
- Interested in developing group work skills and facilitating a range of needs based preventative programs
- A "can do" person, with outstanding communication and people skills
- Registered or eligible for registration with the SWRB
And have good computer skills, a reliable car, and a current full driver's licence.If this sounds like you, and you want to work for a successful organisation, committed to making a difference in the lives of children and their families, then we would like to hear from you.
for an application pack or phone Janice Belgrave on 027 563 1025 or 07 575 9709 for more information about the role. To find out more about Family Works Northern and the great work that we do visit www.familyworksnorthern.org.nz
. Applications close 29 June 2015.