Registrations are now open for rangatahi and their whānau to join the next Hawaiki Rising.
The 8-day voyages takes place in coastal waters on the east coast from Tauranga northwards. Combining teamwork, learning and fun, participants discover learning by way of the ocean.
The voyagers, crew and skipper, Patrick Mohi are involved in setting the course each day which means every voyage has a unique itinerary.
Organised by the Hawaiki Rising Voyaging Trust, it was established with the vision of connecting young people with Māori and Pacific culture, the natural world and ultimately themselves. In 2014, the trust was privileged to acquire the waka ‘Hinemoana’ as the vessel for strengthening our people and our communities.
To register, go to: www.wakavoyages.org/waka-voyage-registration
Upcoming Hawaiki Voyage dates:
- Sunday 10th-17th – Youth Development Voyage
- Wednesday 27th-30th – Parent / Child Voyage
- Thursday 4th-10th – Adult Voyage
- Sunday 14th-21st – Youth Development Voyage
- Friday 26th-29th – Parent / Child Voyage