Aug 2015: The Ministry of Health website has been updated with information for parents and whānau. The new pages will help you and pēpi keep safe and well during pregnancy right through to your child starting school.
The Pregnancy and Kids section of the Your Health website feature’s videos of whānau telling their story.
You can find out how Chrissie and Vika chose their midwife or learn about your pregnancy superpower from Rachael and John! There’s also lots of helpful advice for baby’s first few years including how to keep baby safe in bed and how to have fun and learn with your 4 year old.
The website has been written by child health experts to make sure every New Zealand whānau can find the help they need to raise strong and healthy kids. There’s advice for mums, dads and whanaunga on what to expect during pregnancy and birth and getting the most from the health services you need.
Each page covers the things you need to know wherever you are in your parenting journey. Visit Your Health today to find out more about:
- Choosing a midwife and preparing for your new baby
- Eating safely and well during pregnancy
- Helpful advice during pregnancy
- What to expect during labour
- Breastfeeding and caring for your baby
- Tamariki Ora nurses and the help they offer
The Ministry of Health’s webpages on pregnancy and parenting have been developed to support you and your whānau. Visit the website together, watch the videos and talk about what you want for your tamariki.
Your midwife, doctor and Well Child Tamariki Ora nurse are also there to support you. You can talk to them about your choices and how to give your baby the best start in life.
- For information on pregnancy and parenting, breastfeeding, teeth and teething, keeping baby safe in bed, what to expect from your well child tamariki ora nurse and other health services visit www.health.govt.nz/your-