Try strawberries which are inexpensive over the summer and mix with fresh lemon and mint or basil.
Strawberry Lemon Flavored Water:
- 4-6 strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 1/2 lemon, sliced
- Small handful of basil, scrunched
- Ice and cold filtered water
Refreshing Citrus Cucumber Detox
Using seasonal fruit is the best way to keep your costs down. Ice makes for a particularly fresh taste. If you want more sweetness, consider squeezing some of the orange juice into the water first.
- 2-3 liters water
- 2 large oranges, sliced
- 1 lemon, sliced
- ½ large cucumber, sliced
- 1 handful of fresh mint
Fresh Strawberry, Cucumber & Mint
Try using old Agee jar and throw in cucumbers, lime, strawberries and fresh mint.
The cucumber, mint and lime make the water taste so refreshing and light! And the strawberries just add a tiny touch of natural sweetness.
If you wanted even stronger flavor, you could also muddle the mix-ins (mush them up) before pouring in your water. If you do that, it's recommended that you strain the water before drinking — unless of course you like to chew chunks of cucumber and pick out lime seeds from your water.
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 cup sliced cucumbers
- 2 limes, sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- ice cubes
- in a half-gallon jar, or a 2 quart pitcher,
- layer the strawberries, cucumbers, lime slices, and mint leaves with the ice cubes.
- fill jar or pitcher with water.
- let chill for 10 minutes, and then enjoy!
- you can usually can get 2-4 fill-ups out of one batch of flavorings, but you might want to change out your flavorings sooner for stronger flavor.
- feel free to use sparkling water instead of still water.
- obviously, the longer the water sits, the stronger the flavor. it’s mild at first, but after a few hours (or overnight) it’s quite strong.