May 2015: The EXCEL Rotorua suite of 15 projects are designed to be a comprehensive package to contribute to raising educational achievement of learners in Rotorua. Of these projects, nine have been completed and new opportunities have come about, as a result of collaborative partnerships. Two of these are: 1. Virtual Youth Team and 2. Animation College. These will be discussed in full in the new initiatives segment.
All schools within the Rotorua TLA have engaged in one or more of the EXCEL Rotorua projects, resulting in:
- Over 30 graduates, mainly Principals, from a collaborative leadership programme.
- Over 106 tamariki (and their whānau) engaged in ECE and/or supported to successfully transition to school.
- Over 100 learners received additional support in Mathematics.
- Over 360 learners received additional support in Literacy.
- 96% NCEA L2 achievement from students who attended ‘Ka Hao Te Rangatahi’ Wānanga.