Tangata ako ana i te whare, te turanga ki te marae, tau ana – A person who is taught at home, will stand collected on the Marae (meeting house grounds). A child who is given proper values at home and cherished within his family, will not only behave well amongst the family but also within society and throughout his life.
Need Help with Rates
If you own your own home but are having trouble paying rates, the Rates Rebate Scheme can help.
- You can get help once a year if your income is under $23,650.
- The maximum rebate is $590.
- You must be the legal ratepayer.
Where to Look
These days most rental details are online. You can also drop by Rental Agencies and ask for a current list of rental houses. Remember if you use an agency, you have to pay extra letting fees.
Also remember to give your current landlord notice.
A Quick Guide
- Your landlord cannot ask for more than 4 weeks bond.
- Your landlord cannot ask for more than 2 weeks in advance.
- Give you 24 hours notice to do any repairs (between 8am-7pm)