Tama tū tama ora, tama noho tama mate – An active person will remain healthy and well while an inactive person will become sick and tired. These words of encouragement are used to urge whānau to participate in activities and exercise.
How to Grow Kai for your Whānau
- Start small, even use old pots, grow what you like to eat
- Indoor can be good too, lots of sun!
- Water is key, keeping the soil moist but not too wet
- Consider finding the nearest community garden and join up
Worried about someone? Help keep your whānau and friends safe.
- Free clinic or home visits
- Free resources
- Group sessions for schools and kaumatua
- Open to all, no matter where you are enrolled
Not Feeling Right?
If you or someone you love:
- Experience emotional distress
- Find it hard to function during the day
- Are willing to get professional help
- Live in the Rotorua District
- Are registered with a GP (doctor)