Empowering parents and developing positive family relationships is the aim of the Incredible Years parenting programme hosted by Te Rūnanga o Ngāti Pikiao.
The free 14-week programme is now open for enrolments to start in August. It is particularly designed for parents who have children 3 to 8 years. It also looks to:
- provide practical step-by-step suggestions to help parents handle everyday family situations
- offer strategies to help parents manage challenging behaviours
- strengthen positive relationships and bonding between parents and children
- strengthen parents’ problem solving skills
- provide parents with a deeper understanding in areas such as social, emotional and brain development
- improve parent’s positive communication skills and discipline practices
- provide an encouraging and supportive learning environment
- increase support networks within the family and wider community
For more information or to enrol contact Te Rūnanga o Ngāti Pikiao (07) 347 3195 or head to their Facebook page and leave a message.