Healthy Families Rotorua have had a great response to their search for partners to trial the Ka Pai Kai programme which offers affordable, healthy school lunches in Rotorua.
They have been inundated with many kohanga reo, early childhood centres, kura kaupapa Māori and schools wanting to take part that there is now a waiting list. Volunteers are now being sort to help service the one local wharekura, one intermediate and one kohanga reo that have been chosen for the programme.
Help is needed in the following areas:
- A community kitchen to operate from
- Advisory Board members including:
- 1. School Principal
- 2. Kohanga Reo staff member
- 3. Community Centre representative
- 4. Community representative.
- Local business support including:
- Accountancy support (approx. 3hrs per week)
- Legal advice (approx. 3hrs per week)
- Admin support (approx. 3hrs per week)
- Sponsor a child or children lunch (approx. $10 per child per week)
- Donation (emergency lunches) approx. $100 per school
Any help in finding this support would be much appreciated. For more information, contact Healthy Families Rotorua Settings Manager Pollyanne Taare on 022 542 6722, direct dial on 07 393 2549 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.